Habakkuk 2New International Version (NIV)
2 I will stand at my watch
and station myself on the ramparts;
I will look to see what he will say to me,
and what answer I am to give to this complaint.[a]
The Lord’s Answer
2 Then the Lord replied:
“Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald[b] may run with it.
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it[c] will certainly come
and will not delay.
How often have we read this scripture, quoted it even, but never actually activated it? Oh, don’t get me wrong, we may have started applying it, and even travailed over it, only to revert to hope deferred resulting in a sick heart.
Writing the vision is the easy part. Talking about it is the fun part. But waiting for it………. well, that’s the hard part.
Habakkuk declared, “I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts….” A rampart is a defensive wall of a castle or a walled city. It has a broad top with a walkway made of stone. Soldiers, guards, and watchmen would be positioned there, walking back and forth, to protect the city and those who resided therein. From this position, they could see far away distances. The view from up there was rather amazing.
In reference to our dreams and visions, we too must be stationed on the ramparts. We have to rise above the normal activity around us in order see what is in the far distance. Our focus cannot be distracted as we wait on what God said would, should, and could come to pass. We must guard what has been given to us and not allow ourselves to be robbed of its reality. It will come to pass. It will happen. The dream has an appointed time.
So, the questions we must ask ourselves are, “Am I in position? Am I stationed on the ramparts of the wall that protects my dream, the promise that has been given to me? Am I guarding and protecting its reality?”
Be encouraged today and do not be dismayed. Put your trust in God, the Author and Finisher of your faith. He will do it and not delay. You have been entrusted to protect what He said. Entrust Him who is Faithful to DO what He said.
Take a few minutes for this simple exercise:
- Find a quiet place or your “happy” place.
- Reflect on what God shared with you about your dream, assignment, mission, purpose.
- If you have not already, write it down. For it is a declaration, a decree, of the King.
- Now, ask the Holy Spirit for the strategy you are to acquire in order to guard it, protect it, and activate it.
- This dream is no one else’s assignment- it belongs to you. How well are you keeping it?
- See yourself positioned on the rampart.
- Look out beyond the distant horizon. Write down what you see.
- Rejoice in the Lord and thank Him for it is coming. It is on the way.
- Remain there and do not lose sight of it. Each day, it is drawing closer and closer. Your daily participation of activation will secure that reality.
- Activate your equipment and weapons and put them to use against whatever you see that is rising up against its progression.
- The Word
- The Name of Jesus
- Your personal gifts, skills, talents
Downloads are coming to you. Things that within yourself you could not even imagine. When you get into this place, you have shut out all other distractions. You are focused and positioned as if you are “Already There”. Stand firm on the rampart and listen to what He has to say. Prepare to receive instructions and be amazed. Favor is coming your way. Even this day as you are taking time to read this and participate in its activation, you will receive surprises.
No matter what it may look like around you, lift up your eyes and look ahead. See it? There it is – not far in the distance. It is headed your way. The time is near and there will be no delay!
Remember, it’s a good time to be you!